Study in Sweden

Sweden Student Visa

Sweden has always opened its doors to international students from around the world. The degrees offered by the universities in Sweden are comparable to some of the best universities in Europe.

Like most European countries Sweden also follows the Bologna system of education. This ensures the desired educational standards for academic degrees and their quality assurance. This agreement between European nations makes university degree compatible all over Europe and on an international level as well.

Language Requirement to study in Sweden

Though international students can enroll for courses taught in English, it is beneficial if they learn the Swedish language. This will help them communicate with the local community and get familiar with the local culture.

Study programs in English are available for postgraduate and PhD courses. English language test scores accepted by universities in Sweden:

  • Cambridge


Tuition expenses vary based on the university and discipline you choose if you are a non-EU/EEA student. Its tuition fee per semester is between 55,000 Swedish Krona and 75,000 Swedish krona Per semester for Bachelors and Masters Programs..

Student accommodation and living costs

Accommodation can be arranged in University or outside university according to your requirement. It will cost you from 150 Euro to 400 Euro.

Student visa requirements

Non-EU nationals require a student visa to study here. There are two types of student visas in Sweden based on the duration of the study program:

  • Visa type C: Short-stay visa or travel visa valid for a period not exceeding 90 days
  • Visa type D: This is also called the ‘residence permit for studies’ and is given for study programs that are more than six months long.

Documents required for Admission(Sweden)

  • Valid passport
  • Attested Educational Documents
  • C.V
  • Sealed envelope of attested photocopies of secondary and higher secondary education.

Documents required for Sweden student visa application:

  • Valid passport
  • Attested Educational Documents
  • C.V
  • Motivation Letter
  • Acceptance letter from the educational institution.
  • Experience letter to fill the gap.

Working while you study in Sweden

Students from non-EU countries can work here during their course if they have a work permit. This requires a job offer from the Swedish employer. The employer can apply for the permit on your behalf at the Swedish Migration Agency.


Sweden offers two intakes:

January intake and September intake.

Admission starts of January intake in August and September intake in October.

Benefits from day one on student Visa:

  1. Students can work fulltime on student visa
  2. Free medical facility is available for students.
  3. After completing first semester mostly students apply for work permit.

To get work permit they complete following documents:

  1. Get job offer (relevant or irrelevant both are accepted) of 13,000 Swedish Krona which is equal to 1,275 euro.
  2. get result card of first semester
  3. granted student visa

They submit these three documents to Swedish Migration Agency and wait for work permit.

Swedish Migration Agency process this application in 2 to 3 months and issue work permit.

As they get work permit, their education goes free and after spending 4 years on work permit. They can apply for Permanent Residency.
Swedish Migration Agency takes 10 Months to process PR and after getting PR they can apply for Passport and can easily get it in 5 months.

How can we help you?

  • Provide guidance on the required documentation
  • Advice on the funds that need to be shown
  • Help in filling out the application forms
  • Help in reviewing your documents for the visa application